
1. I don't believe I have 13 things to say, but I'm going to wing it...
2. Still in the 20's at night, everything is wilted and brown. Time for snow. (*Oh and Stace.. yes I complained about snow last season, but it was because I had SIX FEET of snow on the ground!!.. I still love snow :)
3. I've been burning a fire in the fireplace daily. I love fireplaces. I need one in my bedroom.
4. If I were ever to rebuild my house, I'd add one in my bedroom. Oh and I'd redo the bathroom and the closet. You can tell a single man built this house.
5. I have a bag of bird seed (sunflower) in the house so the bear can't get into it. I want to know why Jonesie won't stay out of it. He makes a huge mess and doesn't even eat it.
6. Today I noticed my "pet" turkey is now coming onto the porch and eating out of the cat food bowls.
7. My heel has gotten worse and I had to order that pretty sock. Maybe I'll use it for a Friday Feet. Shexxxy.
8. I'm selling the Nikon and have already sold one lens. I posted on Flickr but I guess the price is a little much. NOT much for what it's really worth, but maybe hard for people to grasp. I might have to slash my prices. Or.. go with Craigslist and sell it in Seattle. I'd like to avoid Ebay if I can.
9. I've been really craving tomato soup lately. I've got to get out and go to the store. Perfect winter food.
10. I had to sit through a Clint Eastwood marathon yesterday. One thing I noticed, and now I can't remember the movie..maybe The Gauntlet? But there were two scenes where they shot up a house and a bus. OVERKILL? Good grief. The house fell down because of so many shots ( yeah, right ) and the bus scene? Sorry.. but ridiculous. No way cops would shoot up a bus that many times for that long. Two really dumb scenes.
(*I looked it up at IMDB.com, and they shot that bus 8000 times.)
11. The reason I sat through Clint Eastwood marathon? Because he really thought he could get away with watching Deliverance. Ah.. NO. I rarely say anything about what he wants to watch, but there's two movies I won't watch. Deliverance and King Kong. That's why we have three TV's.. he can watch it somewhere else. He chose Clint Eastwood.
12. There was a bear hit by a car on the road yesterday. I SO wanted to stop and look, check it out. G didn't go for it though. I bet that car ain't so pretty now.
13. I want to see the movie "W". But, I'm sure like everything else, I'll see it when it hits cable.
**Did I mention my big HDTV is up now? Too cool, I love it. Bring on football!**
11 comments:
Sounds like you need to get accustomed to hearing banjos on your porch. I watched it twice last night!
Actually, the hubs can play it on the banjo.. so I get to hear it every now and then.
http://www.bewild.com/pafat.html
:)
lol...that's great. Just might need that one :)
LOL at number 2..yeah...6 feet is a bit much.
um...so is 8000 bullets in a bus. I haven't seen that one. Two mules for sister sarah...that's the best clint film! The other ones? eh...whatever..
I LOVE checking out roadkill. Bob thinks I'm weird...really it's because that's the only way I'll get to see most of these animals up close. well that and the whole CSI thing...
Stacie
Believable or not (okay, not), that scene from The Gauntlet is one of my faves in cinematic history. Seriously. Maybe b/c of the ridiculousness of it. In movies, all things are possible.
A friend (and former rafting/kayaking partner) sent me a T-shirt recently that reads: "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!" The back story is we used to run the very rivers where Deliverance was filmed and around the time it was filmed (before the days of the guide services) and after the movie was released we'd listen out for banjo music - never heard it though!
I got me a good dose of college football last night. LOVE it! :)
Any time The PK comes across ANYTHING with Clint Eastwood in it, I might as well hang it up. I have seen damn near every western he ever made....the Dirty Harry's too.
Honestly, I like the stuff he's done LATELY..."Million Dollar Baby" was excellent....but those old spaghetti westerns? Uh....no thanks.
I've never seen Deliverance. Crazy, huh.
I can't watch Clint Eastwood. Reminds me of the ex. LOL
I can't wait for the weather to be cold enough for tomato soup. With grilled cheese sammich!
Tell me about this sock, please. I think I need one bad.
M~
Good to see you are still alive.
TRO
Yum my favorite winter lunch is tomato soup made with milk, oyster crackers (fill to overfolling) and a big fat double grilled chese sandwich with ham in it. That right there is heaven!
LOL word verification was
gonized
Post a Comment