
Yikes. It's been awhile, eh?
I have just found that the Jan-Mar time frame is just rough. Rough for writing, photography, new ideas, etc. I can't get motivated. The grey and the rain and the lack of sunshine just makes you want to hibernate. When you finally get a sunny day you spend that energy on on personal slacking like housecleaning, etc.
We're starting to finally see some grass. Brown grass, but hey.... a sign a Spring.
We still get the occasional snow storm, but usually fades away the next day.
It's been a tough month pet wise. I lost my one-eyed River kitty last month. She had bladder cancer and there just wasn't much we could do. Kitty Pudge went through a rough spot I didn't think she was going to make it through.
She had to have a cancerous kidney removed and there's more spread. I thought she was a goner and it was a really rough time, but she was put on a new medication and she just blossomed. She's almost back to normal except she needs to put some weight on.
I know we're living on borrowed time, but I'll take it.
A couple of weeks ago I had to put down one my horses. Another rough morning. He was in his 30's and we knew it would be coming soon, but not exactly like it did. I woke one morning to him down on the ground and couldn't get up.
I couldn't move him of course. Some friends came to help but it was no use. He wasn't moving and it was just his time. It wasn't fun :(
I can't say a whole lot else has happened. Waiting for the snow to melt and see all my flowers grow. I put MANY MANY bulbs out last Fall, so I'm kinda excited.
I got a new camera about a week ago but haven't even used it yet. Heh...what does that say? I've got Riley for the next couple of days, he may be my test subject.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your kids, especially the horse. :-(
I definitely agree about the winter months, even though it was nicer here than you had it. A full week of sunshine would do wonders for me, I think.
Post a Comment