Saturday, May 7

Little light o'mine




Sometimes that little bit of light means everything. When you go days on days of grey, rainy, skies... that sunshine changes everything.

I realized a couple of years ago that I suffered from SAD. I could tell each morning by the skies, how my day would go. I never really realized it until I read up on it. How much more productive I was on a sunny day then a rainy day. And I'm not talking just a rainy day here and there, but just days on days, weeks on weeks. Odd thing since I enjoy Winter and snow so much. But the grey/cold/rain...constantly...bleh.

Our Spring this season is so slow coming.. I think even the animals can tell. The hummingbirds are weeks behind and not nearly the amount as usual. We all watch for those patches of blue sky and sunshine. It's almost a gift, if that makes sense.

Of course, I'll be saying different in July & August when I just want the heat to go away. I hear our July & August will be extremely dry and hot. I might have to purchase a second air conditioner. I don't like hot. I am extremely appreciative of the 50 degree nights during the Summer though.

I am ready for warmer days though. The birds, planting flowers, sitting on the new deck with music and good food. Pretty soon the bear will be here, new fawns and new baby ducks.

I'm ready :)

3 comments:

LarryLilly said...

Nice to see your posts warming up as your weather does.

Here in Texas, its burnt as a crisp. We did have raing last night, but for the most part its been dry.

Hope you have more.

Sandy said...

did you ever watch men in trees? you made me think of chief celia and her "happy light"...

Leesa said...

Sandy.. no I haven't. So so sorry in the delay. I don't know why I haven't responded to questions in posts.