Wednesday, February 10

Grey & Grey













Wow.. everyone still here?
I haven't forgotten about this place, just haven't felt there's much to write about.

We've had the mildest Winter this year since I've been here. I think the most we've had at one time was 5-6 inches.
I'm kinda bummed over it, as I really love the snow and beauty of it all. I'm not asking for the 5-6ft we had last year, but I would've liked more. No sledding or cross-country this year.
On top of that it's just been grey and grey. Foggy, cold, and grey. We've had very few days of sunshine and it just starts to wear on ya. I'm ready for Spring to just get here so we can start the gardens and the new wildlife shows up.

Maybe then I'll have more to post about :)

5 comments:

Osbasso said...

Other than some of the really frigid temps that we had, I haven't minded the winter much. Though I certainly have no sympathy for the east coast this week!

Was the 5-6 feet last winter or the one before that?

Deanna said...

Hey Leesa... welcome back (to your own blog!)..

So.. over here on the west coast it has been green green green! I have been out walking practically every single day since the end of November. It has been absolutely unbelieavable... compared to last year!

I haven't had any real reason to take pictures, as it tends to be just simply grey here, or I could maybe document the routes that the mole is taking in our back yard... all the same, my camera has stayed put. I did take it for a couple of car rides.. and even at that... I didn't bother getting it out!

I will be taking it for a field trip tomorrow, when the girlie girl sings in her choir with 550 other children.. the olympic torch will be lit... so you know... that might be something to document!

Apart from that... I TOO have nothing to say... EVER (!!)... and am only waiting a couple more weeks before the creatures wake up and start milling about.

The next two weeks should be interesting with the Olympics that are visiting... perhaps some out of towners will finally believe that we canadians do not live in igloos!

Glad to see you back.

Poonie said...

I'm glad you're back. :)

Montana1 said...

I've been wondering what happened to you. Welcome back! Yes, we have the same situation in Missoula: No snow, warm temperatures. Unless it rains all summer, we're in for some serious problems. Snowpack around here is about 55% of normal. I'm worried. Well, take care. Good to hear from you again.

Moosekahl said...

Winter hasn't really struck in Alaska either. Last week we had highs in the 40 above category. Typically we have highs in the negative 30 range in January and February. The snowfall has been pitiful. No need for snowshoes to get places because there is grass sticking up through the snow. I don't like it :(