Sunday, October 18

Still




A typical Fall day today.
Not much really exciting to share from this little town. Our local store and cafe have closed down, so we're basically a small ghost town. We do still have a post office, a few churches, and a veterinarian. Well, part time anyway :)

Time to clean out the gardens and prepare them for Winter. I've decided to try to start a compost system. That HAS to help next year, right? We'll see. It will be hard to do compost with bear around, but maybe fenced in will help.

The bear will be around until probably Thanksgiving-ish. The woodpeckers are everywhere, which is fun with the feeders hanging off the new deck. The deer are bedding down in the yard at night and I've decided to get a chiminea (sp?) for the new deck ( great for snowy days ).

Are ya still awake??

That's it for excitement around here. I just haven't had much interest in my photography subjects. Maybe Winter will change that.

2 comments:

Nature Girl said...

that photo is gorgeous! I love my chiminea...It's about that time of year when it's great to fire it up again...

Moosekahl said...

Beautiful reflection in the water! Winter is holding off here which is a bit surprising. Waiting for it to snow...