Wednesday, March 11

The Big Four

I just flipped over my calendar yesterday and realized this is my blogiversary. Four years. Although I'm not sure I would call the last year or so 'blogging'. But, anyway... four years.
A lot sure has changed in four years. A lot of new people in my life since then. Some still around, some not. Some relationships worked, some didn't. All because of this blog. Wild to think about really.

I used to talk about everything but now through some lessons learned, I don't/can't talk about everything. I learned that if you really want your blog to be personal or private, that you don't use your real name and sometimes not even your state. I've been googled often and found. That's expected though I guess. Who'da thought at one time that you could be "googled".

My blog was a creative release at one time and I'm glad I started it. I think now the release moved onto photography and less blogging. I miss it sometimes, just letting it all out on this blog, but in the end sometimes it's better to just keep it personal.

It's cold here today.. 8 below when I woke up and I think it's moved up to a whopping 3 degrees. The skies are blue and the snow is just gorgeous. I saved a robin from an owl yesterday, it was quite the event. I was standing in the right place at the right time and thankfully separated them and they went their separate ways. I worried for awhile if the robin would be okay. He's been here for over a month and it was neat seeing him daily.
He showed back up after awhile and still here this morning.

Anyway.. that's that. Four years, who'da thought.

10 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Happy Bloggiversary my dearest Blogging friend. While I certainly miss your daily posts, I understand completely the need for privacy and as you know, have been rethinking the availability of my blog as well before I'm found too. It's a crazy world isn't it? Without this blog I'd not know some of the coolest people EVER. The blog relationship world fascinates me.

8 below? no thanks. You just go ahead and keep that over there!

Yay for saving the robin...I just love that pic you posted of him a while back..sooo cute. I'm assuming it's the same one...
Stace

Michael said...

Congrats on four years!

chez bez said...

I love that I know you because of your blog.

Marianna said...

It's crazy to think we've been on blogland that long. I think I started in summer 2004 ~ I'll have to check my old blog. Time flies.

M~

Michael said...

Congratulations!

Take Care
Michael

John said...

Happy Blogiversary :)

~grey said...

I've been around for at least 3 of those 4 years....

I am glad I have you as a friend. :)
Have a good bloggy year!
D

Osbasso said...

I remember the first posts I saw of yours. Involving photography, again. The State Prison pics. I, too, miss your blogging.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

M said...

sorry i missed this posting....but happy belated blogversary....i will need to check on mine ....i think its coming up too =)

as for the privacy thing....yeah...good & bad...i know there are some people who have read it that i maybe didnt wish to ....but thats life...ya know? i DO know that i have made virtual friendships that mean more to me than some people in real life do.... so for that i am thankful =)

gr8 job on saving the robin! u made some karma points there....